Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I Say, Book Club No More!


I just bought a Blu-ray player and joined Netflix. When I set up my queue of movie selections I found that I had selected a lot of documentaries and dramas based on true events. I was a little surprised but then I thought about how my tastes had changed from fiction to non-fiction in the past few years. I guess I find it hard to suspend reality unless the writing is really superb.


I have tried and failed so many times with book clubs that it is embarrassing. But, just today I read about an idea that was very appealing. How about a monthly documentary night? You and a small group of friends get together and watch a topical movie. Wine and potluck is optional!

Here are a few more titles that will be making an appearance at my group movie night!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails