Friday, May 21, 2010

Fashion Myth Debunked - Stripes are IN!


I read it on the internet so it has to be true:

MYTH: Horizontal stripes make you look fat  - "Although people have blindly believed this myth for decades, it's scientifically proven to be wrong. A psychologist at York University recently showed that horizontal lines do not make you look fatter; and if anything, can make you look thinner. He was confirming the findings from a 19th century physicist who first investigated the optical illusion that horizontal lines look taller and narrower than vertical lines."

Why am I so happy that this myth has been debunked? I have always wanted to have one of these sailor style shirts like the one shown above from L.L. Bean. I blame my French heritage. I guarantee you that if you go to Paris you will see at least one very put together French woman running around in a shirt like this, flat shoes, and some sort of breezy Capri pant looking fantastique.

To be honest, I never really believed this myth and oh so happy a Canadian university has debunked it!

Have a fabu weekend possums!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails