Monday, January 4, 2010

Ringing in the New Year!

Rare Device is a store which I enjoy in San Francisco.  The name Rare Device comes from the poem, Kubla Khan, by Coleridge - which was one of the few poems I remember loving as a student.

Rare Device is full of all kinds of interesting designs in homeware, jewelry and accessories.  In their webstore, they have this ring – which was created by a designer in Brooklyn. It’s called the Patch Ring.




To me this ring is perfect in its imperfection. If I was getting married this would be the ring I would want myself and my husband to wear.   The same designer, Swallow, also has the Urchin Ring. If you ever collected dried sea urchin shells on the beach as a kid you will feel a connection to this ring just like I did.



These are very affordably priced – ringing in at $90.00 and $120.00 respectively.   (FYI - this post is part of my effort to be more jewelry friendly this year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails