Monday, August 10, 2009

Just Peachy


I play this game all the time. If I was a (__________) I would be a (________). Like, if I was a dog I would be a beagle. Beagles are smart, friendly, they like to hunt for stuff, and they are cute but not the supermodel of the dog world. Mostly I play the game in my head because people look at you like you are nuts if you play out loud.

If I was a song I would probably be Whiter Shade of Pale.

If I was a piece of clothing I would be a cashmere cardigan.

If I was a book I would be non-fiction – probably a compendium of facts on some trivial subject – like the life cycle of the goat species that yields cashmere.

I used to think if I was a fruit I would be a pineapple. Cause a pineapple is prickly and zany looking on the outside. Meanwhile, the inside is sweet and juicy but the core can be kind of tough.

I play this game with my friend S. She says she is a mango. It fits because she loves mangos; she is Phillipino; she looks good in mango colored hues. Mangos do have a flaw – it’s a challenge to get to the meat of the fruit – but when you do you appreciate it and it’s very rewarding.

S claims I am not a pineapple and that I am a peach. So on rethinking the matter, I tend to agree because I know I am not exotic enough to be a pineapple. But I don’t like being a peach. A peach that has reached its potential is so yummy, juicy and sweet. But at any other point of ripeness or over ripeness it’s not good. And, even when the peach’s flesh is perfect you need to watch out for the pit – you could break a tooth.

If you were a fruit what would you be?

2 comments:

  1. If I was a fruit....what would I be....probably something very sensible and ordinary like a banana. Of course a banana is a great fruit....easy to peel, doesn't need cleaning, and tastes good with ice cream. :-) Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be pommegranate...hard to figure out but good for you ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails