Sunday, August 30, 2009

How Old Do You Think I Am?



Yesterday I was asked for identification - twice. I bought a single can of beer for cooking purposes and a bottle of champagne. Woohoo – it’s a far cry from the days of wine coolers, white Russians and double dark and dirties.

I know the policy at one of those stores is to ID everyone purchasing alcohol. There was an obviously pregnant, German lady ahead of me buying beer. She had a little boy with her who was maybe four years old. She told the cashier she always forgets to carry her ID with her. It’s California and no one takes a bus or subway to this particular grocery store. Who the hell doesn’t carry their ID with them?

Sadly, my vain side admits – I like it when I they ask me for ID even if I know it's a perfunctory procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails