Dear Tiffany – I need about a half dozen charms. Could you please customize them to reflect each of my BFF’s special personalities? Also, could you make a few of them sort of masculine?
In all seriousness, I won’t be dropping any big bills at Tiffany anytime soon. But, a day spent with one of my favorite girlfriends made me think about how lucky I am to have a six-pack of people who are closer to me than anyone on earth, regardless of physical distance. It also gave me cause to ponder some of things you can only do with your closest friends. Here is a smattering of what I came up with:
1. Share a bowl of soup
2. Discuss breakup techniques
3. Purchase pornography/sex toys/erotica……etc…
4. Share a bagel together every day for two years
5. Buy the same shoes/scarf/dress on the same day, at the same time, in the same store
6. Relive your most embarrassing moments – over and over again and laugh every time
7. Geek out over marathon scrabble sessions – or whatever is your nerdy game of choice
8. Split a piece of gum
9. Talk about the big losses in life without really needing to use words
BTW Tiff, if you read this? I wouldn’t mind a charm for myself too. My BFFs would totally get it.