Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Love Me If You Dare


I watched a movie in French last night. Well, in French with English subtitles. The subtitles come in handy since I can only follow about 60% of what is being said – especially if it is French that is not the same as the Quebec French of my youth.

Above is a pic of the two main characters as children – they start off as best friends and then it escalates into love and craziness! If you want to check it out it’s called Jeux d’Enfants or Love Me If You Dare in English.

Normally I don’t write too much about the movies I watch but I think there is something kind of interesting, intimate and special about taking in a story that is presented in a different language. It’s kind of like exchanging a very knowing glance with someone – could be a stranger or it could be someone close to you – but you know exactly what they are thinking just from the message the eyes give you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails