Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Rose by Any Other Color Besides Red or White

You may remember that poem that goes, “the red rose whispers of passion, and the white rose breathes of love,” by John Boyle O’Reilly? I remember learning that poem at a fairly young age. I think it’s a poem every woman should know – at least if she likes receiving flowers from men. You can learn all two, short stanzas here.





Through the years my favourite roses, unaddressed by Monsieur O’Reilly, have always been either yellow or more often than not of the coral/peachy orange variety. I was at Whole Foods just before Valentine’s Day and felt inundated by the flower varieties and the rose colors in particular. Luckily the folks at Whole Food’s were kind enough to provide me with a rose decoder – and I thought I would share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails