Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Olympic Mania



I would be remiss if I didn't mention the big deal happening in Vancouver these days.  It’s Tuesday and I have been staying up late watching Olympics. It’s exciting and I am absolutely on edge for men’s and women’s hockey. I am not going to say anything about Own the Podium other than I think it is the responsibility of governments to support their athletes who go out and perform on the international stage. If they get medals – outstanding – but even if they don’t, doesn’t the best your country has to offer deserve some financial support if they are going out there wearing your national colors?


Here is the only article I have seen to date that I think is written in a balanced tone. I hate to say it, but shame on the media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails