Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sartorial Splendour


Do you love The Sartorialist?  I certainly do!   I am hoping his book will be a surprise gift for me under the tree!  Then, after I devour it I can use it to adorn my coffee table.

The Sartorialist is a fashion blog by Scott Schuman in New York. After leaving fashion sales he began carrying a digital camera around on the streets of New York City to take pictures of people whose attire caught his eye, and then posted the photos to his blog  with comments. 

Here's how he describes his philosophy:

"I started The Sartorialist simply to share photos of people that I saw on the streets of New York that I thought looked great. When I worked in the fashion industry (15 years), I always felt that there was a disconnect between what I was selling in the showroom and what I was seeing real people (really cool people) wearing in real life."

Personally, I love the pictures because the people are so real and so beautiful all at the same time.

My good friend G told me today that I should get the Sartorialist to take a picture of me!  Okay, I know he was humoring me - but still I might love him forever just for saying that!  (By the way Schuman is HAWT! Check out his wikipedia photo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails