Monday, October 26, 2009

The Bookstore

I don’t visit the bookstore very often – it’s far too tempting. I usually pick up my reading at the airport or wait for a recommendation from my sister or a friend and then I order online. But for my birthday I received a gift card from Barnes & Noble so I felt some frivolous bookstore browsing was acceptable.

I ended up buying “The Style Strategy” by Nina Garcia. I am reading one book a month – I don’t think this one counts as a “read” though. It’s more an extended Glamour magazine article. Good thing W gave me The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and The Guinea Pig Diaries to take care of October and November.

Usually in a bookstore I stick to the fiction, business or true reference sections. As a rule of thumb I avoid “self help”. There is nothing helpful about that area. I thought it was kind of funny that in the “self help-romance” section these two books were next to each other:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails