Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Rain

When I went to bed last night I was trying not think about the type of day I knew I would have today. I knew it was going to be one of those all meetings, little downtime and lots of pressure kind of days.

I woke up at about 5:30 to the rain. It’s a surprising sound during a California summer. Winter in Norcal is rainy and coolish from mid-December until the end of February. If it rains here in August traffic creeps to a halt, people panic and we complain about the layer of dust on our windshields turning into a mucky film.

Me, I liked it. I snuggled down. The soft drips lulled me back to sleep for an hour.

I like everything about rainy, wet weather. I like that it keeps my skin soft and supple. I like seeing the fog creep over the hills. I like the cool, clean air. I like the memories evoked by the touch of cold humidity.

I listened to Melody Gardot on my way to work – funny because she sang about the rain.





It did turn out to be one of those days but the rain helped wash some of the day away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails