Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Long Holiday Weekend





I am having an extra long holiday weekend.  It started when I took a half-day for Canada Day and we have Monday off for the Fourth of July.  That makes for 4.5 days of freedom and I say let freedom ring!

I also have a very good friend visiting – is there anything better?  Here are a few of the things keeping us occupied while he is here.

We went to what I think is possibly the best spa – Burke Williams where I had the most divine facial.  Basically, once I am inside this place I want to move in.

I started to read Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin – so good.  It will make you want to move to San Francisco.

Listening to Glee in the car – yet another guilty pleasure!  I just bought Volume 3.

We went to the opera – the original musical theatre – and I loved it.  Perhaps because I identify with the devil in the story of Faust?

And of course what would a friend’s visit be without sharing some yummy grub

Have a great week possums!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails