Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Holly Golightly - the Ultimate Girly Girl



Did I mention that my mom and I watched "Breakfast at Tiffany's" last weekend?  I had never seen the film before but it is iconic and watching it was one of those things I always intended to do . What I did not know was that the character of Holly Golightly is - well there is no way to put this delicately - essentially a prostitute!  I wasn't really expecting that but I did enjoy the movie.  Also, I did not know that this was THE big movie for George Peppard - who plays the male lead.  He is very handsome and plays a sensitive writer - be still my heart.

I did enjoy the movie and in spite of Holly's choice in career I identified with her.  For one thing she sprinkles french phrases into her speech, referring to one of her boyfriends/customers as "quelle rat." For another thing, she likes all things sparkly!

You know there are some things everyone should just do or experience.  Watching this movie made me think of some things all girly girls should try at least once:
  • Try some raw oysters and champagne with a man
  • Visit the Eiffel Tower
  • Take a girlfriend vacation to Manhattan
  • Buy a pair of ridiculously sexy shoes - I mean the type you can barely walk in
  • Have a hot, no strings fling on vacation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails