Wednesday, December 16, 2009

More Foot Fetish


When I was a teenager I spent quite a few summers working as a camp counselor. I wore shorts and t-shirts everyday, and probably banked forward a few instances of skin cancer.


One year, specifically for camp, I had a pair of Tretorn sneakers. They were white and the little loopy, anti-swoosh was navy blue. All the other counselors were either jock types with Nike swooshes or Chuck Taylor high-top, hippy types. With my Tretorns, I felt I was remaining true to my individuality. Tretorn is a Swedish brand and anything Scandinavian has to be cool and individualistic right?And frankly, the white with the navy was just so darn cute that I loved them. Sadly, like all articles of apparel that I loved when I was a teenager, I wore them until they fell apart.



But now, no need to mourn my beloved sneaks of my youth.   Flash forward to fall 2009 and Tretorn has introduced what I think are the coolest sneaks ever in conjunction with the very fashion forward, Japanese label “Comme des Garcons”. There is a high-top version too – but I think these low-top, polka dot shoes are perfect - cool, funky and comfy. Just the sort I want to wear when I am running around doing errands on the weekend.  (You can check them out at Farfetch.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails