Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy New Year!



It’s the end of the year and we all have a lot to think about. Some of us will make lists of resolutions and goals that we want to achieve in 2010. Others will look back over 2009, analyzing what went wrong, and what went right – then try to adjust the mix accordingly. We will peer into our mental crystal balls to divine what the future will hold.


 
I have decided not to do any of that. In 2010 I will just:
  • • Be happy.
  • • Be healthy.
  • • Be successful.
  • • Be (insert positive adjective here.)

In 2009 there was a lot of bad juju for me. I read obituaries I didn’t want to read. I wrote a lot about people losing their jobs – the who, the why, the when and the unfortunate how. More than one guy borrowed a piece of my heart and forgot to return it. I sat across from my doctor and heard things I didn’t want to hear – get this test, watch for that and make sure you come back to see me in six months so I can poke, prod and drain some of your lifeblood – just in case. My knees, my mother and my energy level all got older, and did I mention that I turned 40?

 
But in truth, I can’t complain because I end 2009 being very happy. I have fabulous friends and family. I have good health and a good job. On a day-to-day basis I am satisfied and happy. It’s true that life goes on – we can’t stop the clock from ticking – but I will look at the happy constants in my life and hold on to the parts of being that have served me well.

 
So, think about it – it’s midnight on January 1, 2010. Before you engage in the requisite New Year smooches and rousing renditions of Auld Lang Syne – close your eyes for a split second and make a promise to yourself to be all the positive things you know you can be. Then, let the real party begin!

 

3 comments:

  1. Cheers. Here's to 2010!!! .D

    ReplyDelete
  2. and we are lucky to have you in our lives!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Good reminder. Thanks, D.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails