Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sometimes You Really do Feel Like a Nut!



Someone who has gotten to know me fairly well recently described me as squirrelly. Squirrelly like nutty?! Dictionary.com defines squirrelly as: cunningly unforthcoming or reticent. Holy schmoly! Could I really be cunningly unforthcoming?! That is definitely not very flattering. Okay, it may have been a romantic interest who described me this way. (Friends and family before you get too excited remember how loosely I use the term “romantic interest.”)


I prefer to think of myself as a person who keeps their own counsel. Of course this does lead to problems with the people with whom you are trying to develop close relationships. I think I need to call in resources who can englighten my potential intimate interests on how it takes a few years to get past the my squirrelliness. Friends and sister – please write him a note explaining that by 10 or 15 years into the relationship I should move out of my squirrelly phase.   By then it could be peanut butter and jelly!

Squirrelly I might be – but doesn’t everybody love a nut?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails