Saturday, October 31, 2009

Thinking About Pink

As usual I am fashionably late but let’s talk about the reasons to love October. There’s brilliant foiliage, Canadian Thanksgiving and Halloween. Of course let’s not forget that October is breast cancer awareness month. This means we are deluged with all things pink – pink ribbons, pink yogurt lids, pink ball caps, pink t-shirts and pink donation slips from all those people taking part in breast cancer research fundraising events. Everywhere you go pink shows up in store displays, restaurants, the gym and the office.


Lucky for me I love pink.

But, that was far from my mind when I went for my annual physical last spring. My doctor was examining me and I was watching the clock thinking about a press release I was working on.  She was explaining how our breasts become lumpy as we get older. You can imagine it was an exciting conversation. Insert a pregnant pause.  She found something “suspicious” so she sent me off for a needle biospsy. The procedure was simple but still pretty scary. My doctor told me not worry too much since I don’t have a history of breast cancer in my family. Still, those were three very tense days waiting for the results.

Lucky for me it turned out to be nothing.

That short nail biting interlude made me realize that this was one cause I would need to continue to support. If you want to learn more, the Susan G. Komen organization is among the best for trying to rid the world of breast cancer.

I am not embarrassed to say that I love my breasts and I love pink. So, I will embrace the store displays, the donation requests and the ribbons. And for your visual interest here are a few pink things I enjoy. 






Want: Caslon Fuschia Flower Applique Cardigan


Covet: Pink Kate Spade Pencil Case

Own: Pink Le Creuset Tea Kettle


Love:  My L'Imperiatrice Dolce and Gabbana Perfume

Giggle at: Nars Blush in Super Orgasm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails