Saturday, October 17, 2009

Being a Kid

Okay, I know I am not that old but there are things I miss about being a kid. The fall makes me think about being a kid. I guess roughly twenty years of conditioning to the back to school routine stays with you – so the fall makes me remember childhood routines and memories. Here are some of the things I miss about being a kid:
  • Buying school supplies. At the end of August I wander around Target, jealously stroking the highlighters and new pens.
  • Jumping in puddles and loving it.
  • My red running shoes which featured the Roadrunner from Looney Tunes.
  • Sleeping in the same room as my sisters – today that would just seem strange.
  • Travelling around with my family in the school bus my dad turned into a camper.
  • Christmas Eve – it’s not the same after you know the truth about you-know-who.
  • Walking home from school, crunching the leaves under my feet.
  • The way my mom could so easily entertain me - making pirate hats out of newspaper!

What do you miss about being a kid?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails