Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I have been absentee and BUSY! But now I am back with something interesting.

I am here at the Fortune Most Powerful Women Summit in San Diego. Sadly I am not an attendee at the summit. Rather, I am an attendee’s attendant. In the PR world we call this role the bag holder, meaning you get to hold the briefcase of the person getting their picture taken for the news story. At this event it’s more like the Chanel handbag holder – for real!

Designer duds aside, it’s pretty amazing to be among all these women. They let a few men in for good measure. Warren Buffett almost tripped over my laptop plug yesterday. He was doing a talk this morning. There are lots of amazing female CEO’s, executives and people of note walking around. Ooops – there goes Billie Jean King. Remember her – the tennis great? By the way, about a month ago she was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by Presidential Medal by President Obama for her work advocating for the rights of women and the LGBT community.

I may not be one of the world’s most powerful women and I probably never will be but I kind of like being here.

Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails