Monday, August 3, 2009

Making Technology Yummy!

It’s a commonly touted fact in the tech industry that women play a huge role in the purchasing decisions for consumer electronics. I have been lucky to meet many interesting journalists but the field is heavily dominated by men. I don’t mind these men :-P, but as an egalitarian I admire women who make their mark in this testosterone fueled business. Heck – I aspire to make my mark too!

So I love to see lady technologistas I admire create cool, new ventures. Two of the women who I have considered among the best technology journalists I know recently came up with a new venture – www.techlicious.com. They have quite the pedigrees too. For many years Suzanne Kantra served as technology editor for Popular Science and later in the same role at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. Similarly, Toby Grumet Segal was the technology editor for Popular Mechanics.

Techlicious is a blog that, “serves the role of that tech-savvy friend who women can count on to share tips and tricks to get the most out of technology.” Their mission is to cut through the hype and technical jargon to give you the information you need, in easy to understand language. They make tech simple.

Personally, I love all the video they incorporate. So much better than reading a cut and pasted spec sheet. Are you looking for friendly, palatable advice and opinions on that new netbook, HDTV or Blu-ray player? Then techlicious.com is definitely worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails